CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 30, 2008














































































Jacob came down to the bedroom around 5am asking to play with his trucks. I took him back to his bedroom and tucked him in. Adam woke up around 5:30am. Both boys slept until shortly after 8am. Grandpa shared a poptart with Jacob for breakfast. Grandma and Grandpa stayed in the house with the boys while Jared and I went outside to take care of the animals. Found a dead broiler (meat chick) so we set up another heat lamp for them hoping that there would be less crowding under the lamp. When we got inside Jacob was playing with his money and barn at the counter and Grandpa was on the floor crawling after Adam. We tried to get Adam to stand up in Grandpa's shoes but he refused. He refuses to stand if you try to stand him up unless he is near something he can hand on to. We also tried to talk Jacob into standing in them but he didn't want to either. Around 10:40 we headed to church. They have only one service today at 11am. The lady in the nursery was suprised at how much Adam was walking. Had pizza for lunch. Adam had fruit, broccoli, and bites of pizza. He really likes his veggies now. Jacob took off his new jacket and said he wanted to lay on it because it was so soft. He spread it out on the couch and lay there on it. Grandma and Grandpa took off for home around 2pm. Adam took a nap and Jacob rested. We put in the Charlotte's Web dvd to watch. Jared went to the store for a few things. Mel and her family stopped by around 3:30. The kids were excited to go look at the chicks. Jacob and Max really enjoyed holding them. Hailey held one but much preferred to pet them. The kids liked petting Sammy and Max fed him some grain from his hand. He also sat on his back but soon wanted down. Took the kids to play on the slide. Adam woke up and we went inside and had dinner. I gave Max a haircut which he was really good for. Dad stopped by for a visit on his way home from a wedding. Mel and Bruce went to look at a house and the kids stayed with us. They sat on the floor and played with the hot wheels cars. Jared stayed in the house with Adam and Max while I took Hailey and Jacob outside to feed the animals with me. First we checked on the chick's in the coop. Hailey was full of questions about why we had to check on them. As we left she said we need to make sure to close the door so the foxes don't get them. In the barn she wanted to know about the gravity wagon. I told her about it and showed her how the corn came out of it. First they fed the cats. Then they each poured some grain in Sammy's dish. They watched me fill the water bucket and helped pull the lefter to shut it off. Hailey thought it looked heavy so I let her try to lift it. She said it weighted about like a ton! Her and Jacob both wanted to "help" me carry the bucket to Sammy's stall. It was a bit awkward to walk with a bucket of water in front of me and the kids on each side of the bucket. They both helped me push the hay off onto the ground and then we fed it to the animals. Checked on the broilers and I noticed that there was another dead one. When we got inside I made the kids some hot chocolate. I only had two straws so Max and Jacob shared one. Jared said that Adam fell all the way into the toy box again while we were outside.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love all the pictures. The black and white one of Hailey and Max is absolutely adorable. I want to put that one in my frame. You always take such great pictures. I'll try and get the ones that I took emailed to you tomarrow. There are some of Jacob that turned out really cute. Thanks for watching the kids for us while we went to look at that house. They sure had alot of fun. Hailey went on and on tonight talking about the chicks and feeding the animals and stuff. I had to laugh when you said she had alot of questions about the chicks cause I can just imagine. Sometimes her questions are endless. One question just leads to another and another and another. Oh, and thanks again for cutting Max's hair. He looks so cute.

Anonymous said...

What a busy day. Nothing boring about Sunday with the extended family. We got home around 8:30. Rainy drive that gave me time to read another book. Slept a long time on the road. Thanks for the wonderful weekend. The boys are above average and G Keeler would agree with that, I'm sure. The shoe pictures are a hoot.