CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Monday August 13









This morning I took Jared to work on










my way to my Mom's house. His car was still there from yesterday. My Dad and I needed oil changes, so we took our vehicles in together to get that done. We put the boys in their stroller and walked over to walk through a couple stores nearby. They got my car done really quick, but they ran out of oil for my Dad's truck and had to call someone to bring it over. We were there for almost 3 hrs. Jacob seemed to really like a lady there and was up on her lap giving her hugs. Jared meet me at my parents house for lunch. Jacob was so tired, so I lay him down for an early nap. Adam also fell asleep. I decided to help my mom clean her house really good. She is so busy and has been saying she needed to get it cleaned for a while. Kenzie came over and also helped. She is staying at our house tonight so I had her pack her bags. Jared came over and played my Dad in ping pong. He hurt his back bending over to get a ball. We went to walk around the fair again tonight. First, we watched a Safari comedy show and then we walked around the animals. Jacob and Kenzie loved looking at the cows, ducks, goats, sheep, horses, and pigs. Jacob liked holding the water bottles for the Guinea pigs. Kenzie brought some change to give to the monkey and she gave some to all. Before we left we got an elephant ear, which was really good. Tonight Jacob only spent less then 5 min getting out of his bed before he was down for the night. Adam was hungry and cried while I was hoping Jacob wouldn't take over an hour tonight. Jared offered to take care of Jacob for me, but where I had started it - I wanted to finish. Plus Jared had a hurt back and I didn't want it getting any worse. Luckely it was quick tonight.

8 comments:

Brother Cassian said...

OK -- so, it seems to be working, sort of, this taking him back to bed without comment. Is this an idea from "THE BOOK"?

Aren't you interested what Adam will be dreaming up in a couple of years? You know, don't you, that now that you have all these routines figured out with Jacob, Adam will present you with whole new unexpected and unpredictable challenges?

Are there chiropractors in Midland for Jared's back? I have never been to one (my back -- knock on wood -- has never given me problems), but a lot of people I have know really appreciate the relief that chiropractors give.

Anonymous said...

Jared should see someone...This is going on way to long and I'm sure that JB will not agree with me. Kimmy...do what you can. I never could do much with him. Maybe the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree. Old age has given me a brain that has more sense. Perhaps there is hope for you know who. It's not a sign of weakness. But a sign of making good sense!

Anonymous said...

The book says that attention even when scolding and/or consoling is rewarding therefore this reinforces and perpetuates the behavior. So this without comment is working... There are comments made at first, but not the entire time... It's working...the times are getting shorter and it's a very peaceful and constructive way. Only took a few minutes last night... And this restlessness is 180 degree turn from a few weeks ago when he was going to bed very peacefully and without problems. Kids seem to change over night sometimes.

Jared

Anonymous said...

Kenzie and I talked him into making an appointment - he is there right now.

Anonymous said...

My goodness...he must be bad or he is just trying to shut us up...I'm wondering what THE BOOK says about the big kid.
You know...if no comments are made to a cranky kid they have no reason to argue. Well, don't know if that really holds true. You got it right...Tomorrow might be something else. Never a dull moment raising those little ankle bitters.

The Mommy said...

Guess I missed something along the line.... but now I'm wondering which is THE BOOK??? My list of books has many, so curious which one this is.

Anonymous said...

The book is called The New First Three Years of Life by Burton L. White. Kimmy

Brother Cassian said...

Congratulations to Jared for going to see someone about his back!

I just hope it was a doctor (or chiropractor) of some reputable kind.

Now, will you do what the doctor recommended?

And, Kimmy, thanks for the information from Burton White. It is the same sort of thing that I would often do in preschool classrooms. Your mother-in-law is right: the less you speak, the fewer opportunities there are to argue. Simply state what you want, act out the consequences simply and straight-forwardly.

Maybe this sort of thing would work with Jared, too.