CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 14, 2007








This morning, after Jacob watched Curious George and Clifford, he asked if he could paint. I got out his art kit and he started to paint. Then he decided he'd rather color with the markers. So, Jacob colored, I painted, and Adam watched and talked while sitting on my lap. Jacob was still not himself and ran a fever off and on today. His appetite was not very good again today. He snacked on cheerios all day and ate part of a PB&J sandwich. He used the potty this morning and as I went to empty it the phone rang. I set it on the fooseball table and answered the phone. After a little bit Jacob decided to grab it and take it back to his potty chair - spilling it all over. Jacob kept asking to go outside, so while Adam was napping I took him out to play. It was nice and cool out today. When Jared got home from work we got ready to go to Rody's Dad's funeral showing. When we got there we sat out in the parking lot with Mel's kids as they went in for a few minutes. They had to take Hailey to her dance class so they didn't stay long. At this funeral they had family pictures with his Dad showing on a big screen - that was really nice. Afterwards we were going to go to the balloon fest here in town with my parents, but when we got there we found out they must have canceled it (maybe because it was windy?). Jacob was dissapointed because he wanted to see the "big balloon's, hot pire". We all decided to go out for ice cream. We had a really nice time and really enjoyed our visit with my parents.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for comming to Rodys dads funeral showing that ment so much to Rody and I. It ment alot to Rodys mom too, she said so, even if she didnt get a chance to talk to you guys. Again Im sorry you were there so long without us, but Rody said it means alot that you stayed for us. He personally says thankyou and he loves you guys. Im sorry Jacob that you didnt get to see the baloons, but I kindof in a way feel better that you guys didnt miss anything by going to the funeral.
I love you guys,
VIkki
PS JARED I left you a message on my moms blog comments, so you will have to read it and again Im just going to say DITO!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Vikki, I'm really glad we were able to stay until you all got there. We didn't know anyone there until you all arrived but the people we talked to were really nice and the video they had playing was really nice too. Tell Rody we love him too and his Dad's funeral is way more important to us than some balloon thing. Love ya Kimmy

Anonymous said...

Now there is one thing I'm noticing from the pictures. Sweatshirts and long sleeved shirts. Wooo. I'm putting that off as long as I can. You definately are just a tad colder then we are. But I must say...I'm glad the heat of the summer is gone for at least a bit. Stay warm. I put a package in the mail for Jacob. What a guy!!!! We love out supper dupper grandboys.

Brother Cassian said...

Another eventful day -- and isn't it nice that Jacob wants to be helpful and responsible for all aspects of his potty training?

The picture of Jacob and Jared on the bottom is good of both. And Adam continues to be cute.

I remember I had (and perhaps my brothers did before me) a little picnic table in the living room nook where I could do art work whenever I wanted. I think it often looked like the table where Jacob is working -- covered in stuff. But it was always fun.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sitting with the kids for us while we went in to the funeral. Melissa