CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 21, 2007




This morning I got the boys ready and headed over to my Grandpa's house. I groomed his dog for him with Kenzie's help. Mom watched Adam and Jacob. I took the bbq chicken and corn-on-the-cob from dinner for my Grandpa to eat for lunch. Grandpa said, "It was good, the only thing wrong with it was there was too much chicken". He had to put some in the fridge for later. After I was done with the dog he jumped up on Grandpa's lap and they both fell asleep. Jacob ate his lunch while I fed Adam. Then Mom, Kenzie, the boys and I headed over to pick up Adam's pictures. We stopped at Meijer and Kenzie and I went in to get diapers and a few groceries. Back at Mom's house I lay Jacob down for a nap and fed Adam. My mom permed my hair while the kids were napping. Jacob never did fall asleep. Adam slept til about 5 minutes before Mom was done with my hair. Mom went up to get Jacob and brought him down. He saw the rollers in my hair and didn't know what to think. I asked him to come over to me and he burst out crying for Nana. He wouldn't come by me until the rollers were out. He didn't even want Papa to take him outside - just wanted Nana to hold him. Once my hair was done he was happy again. Kenzie is staying with us tonight. On the way home I realized we had forgotten Jacob's favorite blanket. I was only about 5 minutes away so we headed back to get it. When we got home Kenzie read her bible. Then we went outside and Jared built a fire in the backyard. I brought Jacob's truck over and he put sticks in the back of it. Jacob then wanted me to fill the sprinkling can with water. He carried it back to the truck and we showed him how to pour it out. I carried Adam in the carrier and he fell asleep.










6 comments:

Brother Cassian said...

Where are the s'mores?

Do you unbend wire coat hangers to use for hot dog skewers so you can roast them in the fire?

Who eats the burned marshmallows in your family?

Will anyone answer my questions?

Anonymous said...

I'll answer your questions Uncle Dee:) That was the same thing we said last night - we should have got stuff for smores. It was a last minute idea to have the fire. I myself don't eat hot dogs but Jared does and we have roasted them over the fire. Our roaster sticks are store bought for that purpose - not coat hangers but I do think that would work just fine. No one in this family yet eats burned marshmallows - but my sister Vikki always liked them when I was younger. Thanks for your comments.
Kimmy

Brother Cassian said...

Thanks for answering, Kimmy. I will look forward to reading about the next fire -- with s'mores!

Anonymous said...

Definetly smores at the next fire.

Anonymous said...

Kimmy, The pictures are adorable.
I love how you do your blog. Keep up the good work. Love ya tons! Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom, I love you lots!!!! Kimmy